Specialist Advice in Education and Culture
This service consists of unlimited consultancy on all aspects of the student’s application exclusively supervised by Dr Lewis Owens with continual support from the members of the EdmissionUK team and our extensive network of academic partners and associates.
This consultancy will cover the following:
• Accurate and precise consultancy with students and their parents or guardians on choosing the most appropriate universities and university courses;
• Advice on choosing the most relevant AS and A-level subjects, IB Higher Level subjects and other equivalent international qualifications;
• Responsibility for all aspects of the UCAS form and ensuring references and other documents (such as exam transcripts, etc.) are supplied well in advance of deadlines;
• Assistance with all aspects of applications to private Universities or Colleges, where applicable (i.e. those not included on UCAS);
• Unlimited advice on personal statement;
• Advice on references and predicted grades where specifically requested by the school;
• Responsibility for ensuring that all deadlines are met (UCAS form, supplementary tests and any written work required to be submitted);
• Assisting with supplementary forms and questionnaires for Oxbridge applications;
• Supplementary exam guidance where needed (e.g. BMAT, UKCAT, LNAT, TSA, HAT, ELAT or other required exams). This includes detailed advice on the best ways to prepare for the exams, including arranging attendance of relevant seminars and lectures run by our educational partner organisations. Intensive one-to-one tuition with experienced tutors can be arranged on request; however, tutors’ fees will incur further charges.
• High quality and intensive interview guidance from leading academics in subject area (up to a maximum of 5 mock interviews and feedback in total).
• Liaising, where necessary and appropriate, with specific universities and admissions tutors on behalf of the students and their parents or guardians.
• Arranging university visits and campus tours where appropriate and providing detailed itineraries for such visits.
• Assisting students in choosing their Firm and Insurance offers after all 5 universities have made their decisions.
• 1 week work experience at a hospital or clinic (prospective Medical and Dental students only).